October 26, 2011

Happy; Busy

I went to Budapest on the weekend, to unplug and catch up with Audrey and Josie. We chilled, ate, drank, swam, then did more of the same. There was also the small matter of the rugby world cup final, which we watched in Beckett's Irish Bar, alongside a big crowd of fellow kiwis, French, and assorted rugby enthusiasts.

Saw Bon Iver at the Hammersmith Apollo on Monday. I had sore feet but managed to transcend the pain. Lovely evening; and a good crowd too - could just about hear a pin drop.

Last night was the big event: The Phoenix Foundation performing live on Later with Jools Holland. I was lucky enough to attend the filming and it was a lot of fun. The other bands playing were The Waterboys, Professor Green, Ryan Adams, Camille and Coldplay. All quite enjoyable and relatively diverse. And the boys played really well! I wanted to go out afterwards (and tick off another of London's private clubs) but alas I had a midnight skype meeting that I couldn't miss, preceding as it did a big launch this morning.
Tonight's entertainment was a book club meeting. This month we read Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. It was quite moving, although we all agreed that the now-part of the story was a bit lacking.

So it's Wednesday, and I've already have about a fortnight's worth of living inside of four days, and I'm so happy because my flatmate goes away tomorrow for a week so Matty is moving in, and The Phoenix Foundation are playing tomorrow night and Lisa is coming with me, and I'm starting to get my shit together for my aforementioned New Project, and this Saturday I get to see Noel Gallagher live.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment